Menerima tempahan kek, cupcakes & desert

umiedelite@yahoo.com

012-5060691

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

The Making Of The Dibo & Friends

Dibo & Friends



Request for Dibo The Gift Dragon's figurines from somebody whose turnout to be my junior at MRSM BP back in 1998. She requested a birthday cake for her daughter but have to turned down the order as I have a company event at Bukit Gambang Resort, Pahang. So end up, me making the figurines only. To be honest, never saw this cartoon before & even my younger sister laughed to see the final look. They won't be so tedious if not because of the colors. The pictures are some steps on the making of the figurines. Hope enjoy to those reading it as much as I enjoyed my Pahang's trip.


 Gumpaste
It can be any gumpaste recipe or just kneads ready made fondant with Taraganth gum/Gumtex/CMC.
 
The main character.....Dibo. Because it was too big I had a problem to smooth the surface.  One of my baking friend told me to insert a pipe/tube inside to support the structure as the gravity might cause the wrinkles surface. But since limited time & the work done past midnite, I figured out something else...a thin rolled of gumpaste to cover the surface....
The next character-Elephant
The blue bird


I named her..Milah!!

Bunny- I think this is the cutest character
















GAMBANG!GAMBANG!PAHANG!PAHANG!PAHANG!

0 comments: